Website creation became a cakewalk with Google Sites as it allowed you to create a basic website without any fuss; however, it is not an ideal tool to develop a fully functional website with a slew of features. So, what are the best Google sites alternatives?
We have compiled a list of the top 4 website alternatives for your business. And needless to say you do not need to know coding while using these amazing Google Sites alternatives. Let’s take a look.
Best Google Sites Alternatives For Building Websites
WordPress is a complete solution for your website creation needs. From domain name, security and maintenance; every crucial aspect of website development and management is taken care of if you choose WordPress for website development.
Wondering what makes WordPress a good Google Sites alternative?
WordPress is ideal for developing any kind of website, whether it is a service-based website or an eCommerce store, WordPress doesn’t let you down. You’d be surprised to explore the free themes and templates that come even with the free WordPress version.
Several other features make WordPress a clear winner in WordPress vs Google Sites battle.
- A plethora of tools for monetization and marketing purposes.
- More control and CSS customization options in the paid version.
- Suitable for all website types.
- Plenty of features in the ‘Business’ plan including the option to install your own themes and plugins. Personal, Premium, Business and eCommerce plans cost you $4, $8, $25, and $45 per month respectively.
Here it is worth mentioning that WordPress also allows access to plenty of usable WordPress plugins. By using a good plugin, you can enhance the functionality of your website in just a few minutes. One mention-worthy plugin is WP Featured Content and Slider.
It is an easy way to feature your website’s services, offers, and products in style.
Features of WP Featured Content and Slider
- Drag and drop order change.
- More than 20 sliders and grid designs apart from 3 layouts.
- Easy integration with your favorite page builders such as DIVI, Elementor, Avada, and WPBakery.
- Custom CSS editor.
- 100 percent multi-language support.
Wix has been a popular Google Sites alternative for a while. This stunning website builder is all you need for a basic website. It doesn’t mean that you have to settle for less if you don’t want to.
The paid version of Wix doesn’t cost you a bomb and its Combo plan is as economical as $8.50 per month. You can also go for the Unlimited Plan that starts at $12.50 per month. If you are looking for a custom domain name and the flexibility to change templates, you would need to go for the paid version.
There is a myriad of other vital features that would interest you.
- Access to more than 500 design templates to create any kind of website.
- Availability of a vast assortment of icons, clip art, free apps, and images to meet your design needs.
- Secure and hassle-free website maintenance.
- Easy checkout process for eCommerce websites.
A robust CMS with a whole host of outstanding templates, Squarespace has all the makings to be your preferred tool. It makes for a perfect website alternative due to its expansive website builder.
You have a free version, to begin with, and if you are looking for extended functionality, then you can go for paid plans as low as $12/month. Paid plans go up to $40/month, but you will be billed annually.
Let’s glance through more features of Squarespace.
Salient features of Squarespace
- Useful marketing tools to expand your reach through SEO and email marketing campaigns. Secondly, you can easily integrate it with 3rd party apps and tools for various purposes such as finance, marketing, and shipping to name a few.
- Connect your website with social media accounts and automate the posting process.
- Manage your eCommerce store through a mobile app and easily sell subscriptions and services.
- Access to customizable templates and themes.
Here, you can check Email Marketing Funnel: What it is and how to create one that’s effective?Get More Info
If you are looking for creative website development along with dependable hosting, you must try Webflow- a perfect web development tool for your website development needs. Again, you do not need to know coding to leverage this stunning Google Sites alternative.
Here are some more features of WebFlow.
- Create engaging animations and interactions with WebFlow.
- More than 100 responsive templates.
- The platform is powered by AWS (Amazon Web Services), your website’s hosting is scalable.
- Equipped with in-built SEO features.
- Robust content management system with outstanding customizability.
- Easy integration with 3rd party tools.
Gone are the days when you had to rely on a developer for website design and development. The tools mentioned here make web design and development a cakewalk. For more information related to website alternatives, feel free to touch base with us.