Ever wondered how you can showcase your portfolio or past projects intriguingly?
Does it sound interesting to hear, but difficult to implement? It is not difficult at all. If you are a WordPress user, there are plenty of WordPress Portfolio Plugins to set the ball rolling for you. Here’re the top 5 and best portfolio plugins for WordPress.
1. GridKit Portfolio Gallery
GridKit Portfolio Gallery has built a community of loyal users and that speaks volumes about this portfolio plugin. Speaking of its features, it allows users to paste the link of their video into their gallery.
GridKit offers much more than a standard portfolio plugin. Apart from access to a regular image slider and portfolio, you also have access to client presentations and product catalogs.
Even the free version empowers your website with engaging portfolios and image sliders. Besides, you can use shortcodes to insert portfolios in no time at all.
The premium version requires you to pay just $29.99 (one-time payment) and you can upgrade to the lifetime extended license for just $49.99, which is again a one-time fee. The upgrade allows you to use the plugin on 5 WordPress websites.
More Features of GridKit Portfolio Gallery
- Plenty of customizable animation and hover effects.
- Display Instagram feed on your website by linking it to your page.
- Social sharing buttons to encourage visitors/clients to share your portfolio.
- Lazy loading assists in loading on-screen images.
- Masonry and Puzzle Form layouts
- Show portfolio with mp3 clips and client logos.
2. Portfolio Post Type
If you are looking for a free portfolio plugin that allows you to showcase your portfolio emphatically then Portfolio Post Type is what you need.
It happens to be one of the best portfolio plugins for WordPress as it not only allows you to create custom post types for all portfolio items but also helps organize portfolios better.
The simple interface of Portfolio Post Type makes it astonishingly easy to use and you can start using it right after the installation. In a nutshell, you do not need to make too many changes to get what you are looking for.
Users can also register tags and categories for each portfolio and since it supports almost all portfolio layouts, you can appeal to show your portfolio.
More Features of Portfolio Post Type
- Generation of custom post types in a jiffy.
- Add categories and tags to your custom posts with utmost ease.
- No restrictions are imposed on designs.
- Completely free to use
3. Portfolio and Projects
With hardware accelerated transitions and advanced mobile touch slider, Portfolios, and Projects open an all-new world of possibilities for you.
It has 2 stunning layouts and 15 designs. The layouts include both grid and filter types. What’s more? There are 2 pagination types and portfolio filtration features to add value to your portfolios.
It works seamlessly well with all WordPress themes and you can also leverage drag and drop the post-order change to alter the order at your wish. The Essential Plugin Bundle is available at $119/year while the Lifetime Plan is available at $149 (One-time payment).
More Features of Portfolio and Projects
- Lightbox and in-line view.
- Category-wise portfolio.
- Custom CSS editor.
- Multi-language support for translation-ready websites.
- Limit the display of the number of portfolios.
- Fully responsive.
4. NextGen Gallery
NextGen Gallery is a nice portfolio plugin that is specifically designed for photographers.
The front-end of the plugin makes it a delight to use as it has 3 different portfolio versions to choose from. You can also customize these as per your preferences.
The best part is that these designs are available in the free version and by making the optimum use of browser galleries, thumbnails and slideshows you can flaunt your creative work.
If you still need more, the premium version of NextGen Gallery that is known as ‘The Plus Version’ is at your disposal. It doesn’t cost you a bomb and you can purchase it for just $79.99.
More Features of NextGen Gallery
- Lightbox elements to make your portfolio stand out.
- Integrate with WooCommerce.
- Batch uploads and image sorting
- Accept payments using Stripe and PayPal.
- Add extra functionality such as image social sharing and image deep linking.
- Unique layouts in the premium version.
5. Go Portfolio
Go Portfolio is inarguably one of the best portfolio plugins for WordPress that offers engaging and interactive designs.
This plugin available at just $26 offers an unlimited number of color & formatting options. If you are looking for customer support for more than 6 months, you will need to pay extra for the same.
Integrate it with WooCommerce to unleash its full potential and for making purchases a breeze for your customers. Whether you wish to create layouts using sliders or column-based grids, this plugin is all you need.
More Features of Go Portfolio
- More than 38 starter templates with the majority of templates dedicated to specific industries such as photography, restaurant, and design agencies to name a few.
- Import and export bulk items.
- Excellent compatibility with Visual Composer.
- The backend allows custom post types.
- Customize the portfolio as per your preferences.
An engaging portfolio is indispensable to any business, artist, or agency, and as a WordPress user, you seek the best options. We have listed the best portfolio plugins for WordPress in this post, some of which offer both free and paid versions, while others offer just paid versions.
You must make a choice keeping in mind your design needs and business objectives.
Hope the post made for a good read. For more information related to portfolio plugins, feel free to contact us at www.essentialplugin.com